Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Last Week in the MTC

It is so crazy to think that the next time I write I will be in the field! HOW EXCITING?!?!!! I am pumped. We got a little taste of the real mission life when we went on splits. I went wife a girl from Guatemala named Hermana De Leon. She was so sweet and humble. Communication was tough since she spoke very little English but we made it work! It was an awesome day! We taugh this one lesson where I got to pick the scripture we shared so I picked Alma 38:5. Everyone go read it now. Then we both bore testimony, mine in very broken Spanish. The Spirit was so strong and I was sitting there thinking is she feeling this? she has to be feeling this! The women is a less active member and she said she could really feel the Spirit as we taught!!!! It was awesome!!! Then my cute little companion bought me some ice cream at the end of the day. It tasted like America. It was such a tender mercy! We had walked so much and I was disgusting by the end of the day. I was so tired! I went to sleep early that night haha I LOVE THE MISSION!

Also NICK JONAS is playing at the park across the street this Saturday so if anyone happens to be going come across the street to the temple and say hi! We are definitely keeping our windows open that night. Maybe we will convert Nick Jonas! Wow I sure hope I bump inot him ahhaha

This week my district assigned everyone a Disney and Harry Potter character. I got Belle and Hermione. No complaints haha. This reminded me of a talk called Your Happily Ever After that was the theme of girls camp the year I joined the church. I went and read it and was reminded of those sweet first moments when I started to learn about the church.

This week I also read a talk by President Uchtdorf called "Of Things That Matter Most" and it is truly life changing. It is about slowing down when life gets hard and I recommend that everyone look it up because it is important for everyone to read and remember. My eyes are being so opened to who I want to be in life. I love what the mission has done to me.

We had a metting with just the sisters this week, and Hermana Romney (MTC mom) prepared an awesome lesson about how this mission is not about us. It is about doing whatever the Lord needs us to do. It is so amazing how much we can improve our lives when we give our will to the Lord happily. I love the mission! I am here because I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He makes it possible for us to be forgiven. How beautiful is that? Through Him we are truly able to do anything. Boy that just sends tingles down my spine.

THIS WEEK I ATE FOUR BEANS. They didn't taste that bad. If that isn't a testimony that througo Christ we can do all things, I don't know what is. He makes it all possible. I am so grateful for His love. He loves you all so much and so do I!

All the love,
Hermana Bossard xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment