Sunday, December 27, 2015

Win Some LOSE MORE

Wow you ever just have one of those weeks where you can feel the adversary working so dang hard on you and those around you? Boy oh boy have I am this was one of them. We had two investigators with dates fall through. UGH such HEARTBREAK. Let me tell you I never thought I would cry so much in the streets of the DR. As if me and my white companion dont already stand out enough here I am a hot mess crying over these people I hardly even know. Crazy how attached you can get to people when you see them progress and you see them come unto Christ until they don't anymore. 

We had one woman tell us I know this church is the TRUE church. I know Jose Smith was a prophet. I know the Plan of Salvation is real. I know everything you have taught me is true. I know Jose Smith received revelations. I know the Word of Wisdom is inspired by God BUT I am not going to give up coffee. We were like wait wait wait we can work on it we can change your date so you can work on it. She goes nope I am not even going to try. UGH SHE KNOWS IT IS WHAT HEAVENLY FATHER WANTS BUT WON'T CHANGE. Sometimes I want to be like Noah from the Notebook (yes the Nicholas Sparks book/movie) when he is like "just GET IN THE WATER get in the water" and then he goes "sorry i am sorry but could you just get in the water?" Like seriously just LIVE IT. Ugh you know it is true. DO IT. URGGHHH.

Then we had ANOTHER girl tell us that she knows it is all true. She has no problems with word of wisdom, law of chastity, tithing. NO PROBLEMS but she doesn't want to go to church. She told us she knows it all IS TRUE! AHHHHH. 

I guess this is how Heavenly Father feels with me when I sin. I know this church is true. I know what I have to do to receive all the blessings He has prepared for me and sometimes I don't live in accordance with these things. Sometimes I don't follow His will. If I were him I would be pretty darn frustrated with me, but He loves us so dang much and knows our faults our problems. He knows how to help us and he always does. I love this gospel and the blessings it brings into my life. 

I would like to finish by quoting Mr. Slinger from  "Lily's Purple Plastic Purse" one of my favorite books "Today was hard. Tomorrow will be better."

All the love,
Hermana Bossard xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment