Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Work HARD Play Hard



Wow WHAT a week. Boy oh boy I am EXHAUSTED! I have never worked so dang hard in ALL my life. BUT as always it is soooooo rewarding. We have literally been working our butts off and we have been seeing some progress. The progress is slooooooooooow here but it is truly amazing to see people change for the better. Having a new companion is cool because sometimes you can fall into habits in the lessons and having a new companion is keeping me on my toes. I def have a bunch more responsibillity since I need to know the area and when appointments fall I need to come up with ideas on what to do and I need to know the peoples needs and what to teach them. The mission is hard but it is always nice to feel yourself improving! Trials bring strength!

This week after our weekly planning session we had lunch with our district. Everyone brought something. One pair of elders made chicken and the other rice. We brought avocados lol since we can't cook yet... We also brought juice. I did have to put the powder in the water and stir it. Good old Tang. The people here love it! But it was so much fun and the food was sooooo good. I LOVE my district. We are so random but so fun! You make the best kind of friends in the mish. Let me tell ya!

Okay so like I said we can't cook YET but we are learning. We went to a members house and did some service and after we learned how to cook rice and chicken. Then we put it into practice and actually tried on our own. I cooked chicken all by myself and it was pretty good! So tender! I need to get better with the flavor but it wasn't bad for my first time. My comp and I always have a blast.

So we decided to have ourselves a little fun for what we call our p-day eve. We did face masks and jammed out to uplifting music. We also ate ice cream and watched "Emma" the movie about Joseph Smith's wife. Obvi we both fell asleep because missionary work is tiring but we did start it haha. 

Not to scare anyone but I had a very traumatic experience this week and I thought I was going to die. So we are teaching this lesson on the Plan of Salvation (perf) and my comp goes hey you have a bug on you so natural I go to swat it off and I touched it and all of a sudden I felt a rush of pain run through my whole body and i started screaming and talking in English so the person we are teaching is freaking out and it hurt so dang bad and I literally saw my life flash before my eyes. All I could think about was what kind of weird Dominican bug was going to end my life, but it turns out it was just a bee sting. I can no longer say I have never been stung. Ugh I do not like bees. But what could be a mroe perfect lessons for a time like this than the plan of salvation because really Jesus Christ knows the pain I was going through. Like seriously he felt the pain of that bee sting. He feels ALL the pain we go through. He loves us and wants to help us. The Atonement is so dang powerful! I love the church SO much and it is SO true. The mission is hard but amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

All the love
Hermana Bossard xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment